Thursday, August 2, 2012

To,Too,Two & Who, Whom, Whose

 Today we learned grammar about the differences among to, too and two, then we learn who, whom and whose. It was pretty easy, but confusing.

 At first, we learned about to, too, and two. In case of 'to', it is preposition firstly. It tells us the directions. For example, to is used like this: I went to the police office to find the owner of the purse I picked  up. In case of 'two', it indicates the number. Like one, two, three... It can be used like "I bought two brushes at the store. Lastly, 'too' emphasize something, or 'also'. It is used like " Too much instant food cause fat." or " I hang out with my friends at that shopping mall, too".
 The pronounciation of all three of them are same, so we need to be careful when we use them.

 Next, we learned about who, whom, and whose. Who comes at the position of the subject, and whom comes at that of object, and whose indicates the ownership. For instance, who is used like this: Who stole my pencilcase? or My friend who is really pretty was casted on the street. Whom is usually used like" To whom did you send that present?" Finally, Whose can be used like " Whose pet is this?" or I met the girl whose dog is big and white.

 Those are what we learned today, and I'm going to study again about them and I'll never confused about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment